I Wonder Background

V

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Breakfast in Bed

I'm sure I'm not the only mom that thinks this, but I'm the luckiest mom ever! I woke up this morning to breakfast in bed delivered by my two cute boys. They just make me happy! What good kids they are. My kids make everything I do worth doing.

Chad helped me get lunch going before we went to church. He learned how to set out the frozen rolls so they would raise while we were gone and I taught him how to make the jello. (I know that's a totally Mormon thing to eat as part of the meal. But hey, we're Mormon! But it wasn't green jello....it was orange with mandarin oranges in it!)

We had a great day in church and heard from a missionary in our ward who just returned from serving a two year mission in Argentina. What a great missionary he was! He gave such a powerful message today as he shared some of the great experiences he had. He packed the church with friends and family. He is very well loved and easy to love. I love for my kids to see young men like him who prepare for a mission, live worthy to go and then go and serve with all their hearts. I don't know if they realize the impact they have on those at home. I know they bless the lives of those who they teach the gospel to and that is awesome. Jeff is a convert and I'm thankful to the missionaries who taught him before we met. But the young boys (like Chad and Kace) look to these young missionaries as examples and I'm so grateful for that. (And my girls look to them as examples of the kind of guys they want to marry someday- especially when they're "hot"!) I know from experience when my two brothers and my grandparents served missions that the families they leave behind are blessed while they are gone. As hard as it will be to let them go for two years, I hope my kids choose to serve missions when they are old enough. The preparation it gives them for the rest of their lives is priceless. And what's two years in the big scheme of eternity, right?

After church we had a family get together at my sister, Mindy's house. It seems like it's been a long time since we've all gotten together and it was nice. As always the food was good and we laughed a lot. I love my family and I'm thankful for them.

I'm so thankful for my mom. She's one of my best friends and is such a great example to me. She is the best grandma anyone could ask for and she's always there for us. It seems like there's not a day go by that I don't talk to her. Sometimes it's just a quick hello to see what's going on in our day, and I appreciate that. I'm sure there are times when she'd like to ask me, "what were you thinking?" But she doesn't. She is supportive and doesn't judge and I love her for that.

I'm also thankful for my mother-in-law. She lives far away and we don't get to see her very often, but she gave me the best gift of my life. She raised a boy to be the man I always dreamed of. I can never thank her enough for that. I think when he married me, she probably asked him, "what the heck are you thinking?" and I guess I don't blame her for that. But as the years have gone by, we have grown close and I'm thankful for that.

I'm the luckiest mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend around. Mother's Day is good and Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment