I Wonder Background

V

Friday, April 15, 2011

My baby is 6!

Kace turned 6 last week. Yes, it was a National Holiday around here. He wanted to have his whole class come to a "friend" party, where we would go to two arcades, play laser tag and go bowling. Needless to say, it did not happen. I told him I'd try and take him and one or two friends to go bowling, but that's all he's going to get. (I haven't done it yet.) We did go to dinner as a family at Gringo's and they sang Happy Birthday to him and brought him a fried ice cream. Then the kids went to Fat Cats and played in the arcade for a little while. He got a new bike for his birthday and he's been riding that around like an old pro. He says, "It's fast!"

He wanted to stick his whole face in his "Tron" decorated birthday cake. We didn't let him ruin the whole thing, but he did eat his piece without his hands. What a crazy, fun kid!

Here is getting his fried ice cream and birthday song at Gringos.
This seems to be turning into a family tradition!

Yesterday, I had five minutes to chill and I went in and laid down on my bed to try and relax. Pretty soon, Kace comes in and climbs up on the bed with me and says he wants to snuggle. That was my favorite moment of the last few weeks! He laid down by me and put his arm under my neck and started rubbing my hair. Then he patted my back with his cute little hand. Every once in a while he'd turn and kiss my cheek. I know those moments are not going to last forever and I treasure them. A kid in one of my classes was asking me about my family and how many boys and girls I had. When I told them two of each, they wanted to know which one was more fun. My answer was that they are all fun in their own ways and I love them all equally. The difference is that I love them all, but my boys really love me back. I know the girls love me, too. But the boys - they still want to hug me and kiss me and sit by me when we watch a movie and hug me when they get home from school. Maybe it has something to do with age, too. I don't know, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. I keep telling the boys, "You're never too old to kiss your mom!" They believe me. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment