I Wonder Background

V

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Love General Conference!

I love General Conference. We got to listen to our great prophet and other church leaders this weekend. As always, they had timely messages that I needed to hear. We started the day off today, with our traditional sticky buns for breakfast...(that was after we slept in until 8:00.) The kids are all getting along so good and it was a great day! Then we had a nice lunch, a quick nap and then the afternoon session. Couldn't have asked for a better day.

One of my favorite talks today was from Elder Richard G. Scott. I love him because he was here when they put my dad in the Stake Presidency. He talked about his wife, who he obviously loved very much. She passed away several years ago. He told about how they would always right little love notes to each other. He talked about her support and love that she always had for him. He talked about how grateful he was to know that he was going to see her again when his life on earth was over. How thankful I am for the knowledge of eternity and for temples where we can make eternal covenants and be sealed together forever. I love my family and my husband so much and look forward to eternity with them!

Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf talked about seeking Christ in our lives. He encouraged us to turn down the "noise of life" and listen for the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Sometimes the promptings that we hear are not only for our own benefit, but for the benefit of others. Usually our needs are met through the actions of others. How true!

Elder Bednar talked about personal revelation. He compared it to light. Sometimes it happens fast, as if a light switch was being turned on. More often it happens like a sunrise. Over time we can feel promptings inside guiding our lives in a certain direction. He reminded us that if we will ask for inspiration in faith, with an honest heart, believing that we will receive then we will be blessed to know what is right for our lives. God expects us to act, not to be acted upon. I'm looking forward to hearing from Elder Bednar again at the end of this month at Women's Conference. He's always such a good speaker!

That was a great way to start a new week! As always, we have a crazy week ahead filled with school, practices and music lessons. It's finals week for me. Two tests to take and two essays to write. It will be nice to be done and have a little break. The girls have spring break Thursday and Friday, so no school for them those days.

Taia is finishing up the online part of driver's ed this week. She finishes driving next week and then you all better look out - she'll be behind the wheel most of the time when you see our car coming down the road. She is supposed to get 100 hours of driving in with another adult. Then she'll have her license shortly after her birthday in August.

Speaking of birthdays - Kace will be 6 on Thursday! Cute little guy. Wish I could just bottle him and keep him at this age. He's so fun and he's my little man. I love him....and the beauty of that is that he loves me, too! Our kids are all at such fun stages right now for different reasons. I've been so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment