I Wonder Background

V

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fall Birthdays

Chad and Morgan both have fall birthdays. I can't believe how fast they are growing up! Chad is 10 years old now. I still remember holding him on the couch as a newborn, just a few days old and watching the horrific events of 9/11/2001. I had a heavy heart as I worried about the wicked world I had just brought another child into. I worried about the future my kids would face. While the world is still a crazy place, we try each day to keep those influences out of our lives as much as possible. Chad is a strong boy with a desire to do what is right. He is definitely all boy, but he has a very soft heart. He is always very concerned about me, as his mom, and that just melts my heart. He watches out for me and loves me. I'm a lucky mom!

Morgan turned 13 in October! Wow! Another teenage girl in our house. I've heard all these horror stories about how rotten teenagers are, and my memories of how rotten I was are still fresh in my mind. (I'm sure my parents would verify this!) I know it's still early in the game, but we are enjoying the teenage years with our girls. While they have their "moments" they are just a lot of fun! Morgan is nice enough to share her talent for cooking with us and others. It's nice to have someone else to share the cooking with. She likes to make cakes for others on their birthdays, so we had our good friend, Alexis Codling make this cake for her. She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment