I Wonder Background

V

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Exercise, Temple, School and Visiting Teaching

Yesterday, I had a good but busy day. I started out with a little run on the treadmill. I've decided if I am training for a race that I will be more consistent in my workouts. So I've decided to run another half-marathon. There I said it out loud and posted it online, so now I'm committed, right? Anyway, I had a nice run while watching Biggest Loser (it's very motivating.)

Then I got Kace off to Kindergarten and headed to the temple. It was so nice to be there and feel the spirit that is there! Once again, I am so thankful to Father in Heaven for the blessings of the temple.

Then it was off to my American Foundations class. Right now we are studying segregation and discrimination in America. I have to admit that after learning more about what racial minorities went through in our history, I feel more compassion towards them. Some of the things that they went through are unspeakable! The worst part of it is that many times those who were murdering, beating and causing all sorts of other misery for them were never held accountable by the law. (I'm sure when they met there maker, it was taken care of.) This class has made me appreciate this country and what we have been through and the progress that has been made. There is still more progress to make, but we can live and learn.

Most importantly, I am thankful for BYU-Idaho and the opportunity I have to attend classes there. I love that I have the chance to attend a church owned school where we can apply the gospel in all of our classes. I love reading the views of church leaders in my Science class! There is no doubt that many things that happen on that campus are inspired of the Lord. The whole campus and the atmosphere is beautiful! A friend of mine told me before I started classes in January that if everyone in the community knew what was offered on that campus, everyone would be racing to get in line to take part of it. I can see what she means now!

At the end of the day, I had a good chat with my friend and Visiting Teacher, Melanie Miller. She is such a good example to me and I really enjoy when she comes to see me! Then I got to go visit my ladies. I have a new partner and new ladies on my list so this was a first. My new partner is Debra Froelich. She's a sweetheart and I got to know her a few years ago when I visit taught her. Now we go together and visit Loretta Forbush, Susan Davidson and LaDell Miller. One thing for sure, is that I'm the one being taught during our visits! I haven't always had the best attitude about visiting teaching, but today I'm determined to change that!

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment