I Wonder Background

V

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday - My favorite Day of the Week!

I love Sunday! I love going to church. Some people think 3 hours is a long time, but when you think about what percentage of time that is in a whole week - it's nothing! Today we had a great lesson in Relief Society about service. That's what Jesus' whole life on earth was about. King Benjamin taught about service in Mosiah 2:17. He said, "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Sometimes in life we got on our own one lane highway and we forget to look at those around us who might be in need. This is something I'm guilty of and want to work on! I know when we give service, that often times we get more out of it than those that we serve. Service doesn't have to be a big thing. Sometimes it can be as simple as a phone call to a friend or neighbor in need. Or maybe a visit to a neighbor who might be lonely. Sometimes it's just a smile or a helping hand to someone that we see in the store. I'm going to try and be better at this.

I got my Sunday afternoon nap in and woke up to the smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies! I love that Morgan loves to cook and is good at it! Her future husband is going to be thrilled when he learns how well she can cook!

This afternoon we spent some time at my parent's house. The kids love to go over there! Mom cooked us one of our favorite "Grandma meals" - chicken strips, homemade french fries and milk shakes. We always know there will be food at Grandma's house. Then the kids started playing Just Dance on the Wii. They even got Grandma AND Grandpa to try it. It was pretty fun and made for some good laughs. Mataia got Dad on video dancing to Viva Las Vegas and posted it to Facebook. I think she might be in trouble. I love it when my dad lets his hair down and has fun with the kids! They love it, too.

My dad and my boys getting down to "Just Dance."

The only thing that would have made this day better is if the sun had been shining instead of snowflakes falling. I'm still trying to come to grips with the amount of winter we have left!
Well, now it's off to bed so I can start the rat race all over again tomorrow. I feel a crazy week ahead of us!

Here's a little clip that will hopefully inspire you as it did me with a desire to serve others more willingly. It makes me thankful for my parents and my in-laws who sacrificed so much to raise me and my husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment