I Wonder Background

V

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cub Scouts and Tool Boxes and Patience (or lack thereof)

I'm not trying to pat myself on the back or anything, but I think I should have earned a badge today. I successfully held Cub Scouts where we made tool boxes out of wood. All six scouts (and two little brothers) left the building unharmed with finished tool boxes in hand and big smiles on their faces. I have to admit that the last wood project we did, was basically a disaster. Today all the tool boxes were not exactly perfect, but they were done totally by the boys. I've been a little worried about how this would go. So I was pleased with our accomplishments today. I was blessed with patience.


Kace doesn't realize he's not really in scouts yet. By the time he gets there, he will have technically already earned is Wolf and Bear badge by attending scouts with Chad and I for two years. He is just as big as the rest of them - and if you don't believe me, just ask him!
Chad got his tool box done and then finished helping Kace complete his. What a good big brother!
Proud scouts!

Too bad my patience didn't last for the rest of the night. I think my homework got the best of me, as I was very short with the kids tonight. Or maybe I should blame it on the snow that will NEVER go away and started falling again this afternooon! You've heard the saying, "When mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." Well, that was the case at our house tonight. I feel bad, because my bad mood spilled over to everyone else. So needless to say, the kids went to bed early and now I'm headed there, too! I hope to wake up on the "right" side of the bed tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment